Welcome Note

Hi welcome to my blog on here you will find many golf courses I have played and hopefully many more. You can view comments I've made and others to. If your course or a course you've played is not on here then please email all your info,pictures, experiences and views to me asap and I will get them on here Thanks. playgolfhere@gmail.com Please feel free to comment on any of the courses currently on here with your opinions and experiences, any bad language or revenge comments will be deleted. If you do comment please leave your first name and handicap at the end as we all play to different standards thanks.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mere Clubhouse,Pictures,Entrance & Scorecard


Mere Golf Club is a James Braid designed golf course at Mere is as famous for its beauty as it is for the challenges it presents. The 6,817-yard, par-71 course was created out of 150 acres of Cheshire parkland in 1934.The last four holes in particular are notorious for wrecking previously respectable score cards. Sky Sports commentator Steve Beddoes has described Mere as ‘The Wentworth of the North’. This course is an absolute must if you live or are in the North West situated just off the M6 at junction 19 its easy to get to.I played two rounds in one day here because I didn't think I had punished myself enough with just one round,the course is fantastic with each hole unique and as said the last four holes can do you some damage,I had a brilliant day here playing golf on an excellent course this needs to be visited even if you only hit some balls on the driving range which by the way has no grass its a lake you hit balls out into fantastic!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment